SELECT Midloft. Our most popular loft – versatile for both hand and machine quilting with a soft lovely drape. The perfect batting for most quilting projects, mid-weight quilts, modern quilts, and wearables.
Quilters Dream Cotton Batting is 100% cotton batting!
We start with the finest quality long-staple USA cotton. Our cotton fibers are mechanically cleaned (no chemicals) and then specially carded, crosslapped, and needle punched for unmatched consistency and strength. We do not use scrim, resin, or glue – just 100% pure natural cotton. Because we use such a high grade of cotton and have a unique multi-step processing, Quilters Dream Cotton Batting is strong yet exceptionally soft.
Quilters Dream Cotton Features:
- So strong that you can quilt as closely as you would like or as far as 8″ apart – giving you great freedom of quilting design.
- Our special manufacturing process prevents shifting and lumping.
- Dream Cotton has a very high thermal value (R=3.8) and is warm in the winter, yet wicks moisture away from the body to keep you cool in the summer.
- With 100% natural environmentally-friendly cotton, Dream Cotton Batting proudly bears Cotton Incorporated’s black seal.
- Because there are no scrims, glues, resins, or binders, not only does Dream Cotton retain a beautiful drape, but your hand and machine needles will glide smoothly through this fine, consistent cotton batting.
- Your finished quilt may be machine washed and dried.
- Prewashing is not recommended as Dream Cotton is exceptionally free of cotton seed remnants and shrinkage is minimal.
Quilters Dream Poly is not polyester batting as usual! The production of Microfibers (very fine denier, high-quality polyester fibers) is one of the biggest breakthroughs in polyester. In Quilters Dream Poly Batting there are over 60 million microfibers per pound (other polyester batts average only 5 million fibers per pound.)
Dream Poly’s exclusive blend of these revolutionary microfibers imparts a very soft hand, exceptional drape, breathability, and comfort which surpasses all other polyester quilt battings. You will feel the difference! Dream Poly fibers are blended, carded, crosslapped and needle punched with unique processing that eliminates the need for resins, glue or scrims stabilizers; allowing your needle to glide smoothly through our fine batting.
Quilters Dream Poly Features:
- 100% fine denier fibers. Available in both White and Deep Black.
- Dream Poly resists bunching and shifting and is strong enough to stitch up to 12″ apart giving the quilter incredible freedom of design.
- Warm and breathable.
- No scrim, resin or glues so that your quilt remains soft and quilts beautifully.
- Your finished quilt may be machine wash and dried. May dry clean.
- Dream Poly resists holding a crease or wrinkling which makes Dream Poly a perfect choice for packing, storing, and traveling.
- Dream Poly in Ultra-bright White is an excellent quilt batting choice for quilts with an emphasis of white or light-colored negative space.
- Midnight Black Dream Poly is a true deep black that enhances the richness of dark-colored fabrics such as black, brown, burgundy, forest green, etc
- No shrinkage – which can help give a modern quilting look when used with prewashed/preshrunk fabrics.