This machine is only available in store. If you would like more information on the product, please fill out the contact form below, state which machine(s) you're interested in, and we will get back to you within 3 business days.
Brother XP3 Luminaire
Brother XP3 Luminaire
Say Hello to the Luminaire 3 Innov-ís XP3 — the latest and greatest sewing, embroidery, and quilting machine from Brother. In addition to our revolutionary StitchVision projection technology, the Luminaire 3 has powerful wireless LAN capabilities, so you can transfer embroidery designs directly from your PC. You can even send images from a smart phone or tablet, get alerts when it’s time to change thread, and enable multiple Brother machines to work together. It’s a machine that’s as brilliant as your ideas.
- Revolutionary StitchVision Technology - Clearly preview stitches and embroidery designs directly on your fabric with this intelligent projection system. Preview, audition and edit your designs and stitches in a 5" x 3" virtual preview area.
- Guideline Marker Line and Guideline Marker Grid - Project a guideline marker line and marker grid on your fabric, offering you the option of single, double, angled, or grid lines to light your path with precision. Great for creating multiple rows of stitches, parallel stitching, pin tucks, hems, curtain rod pockets, decorative stitches, cross hatch quilting, or smocking.
- Large 10 5/8" x 16" embroidery area - The largest and most advanced embroidery frame that Brother has ever offered. Create larger-than-life embroidery with ease.
- My Connection- Your ScanNCut DX and your Brother XP sewing machine can now talk to one another. When connected to your home network, use the My Connection tile on the home screen to utilize the send/retrieve function between the ScanNCut DX and the Brother XP sewing machine. This takes the place of using a USB to transfer designs between these machines and is exclusive to the SDX325 and SDX330D. (Activation card for your XP machine included with the SDX325/SDX330D and firmware update may be required).
- Brother-Exclusive ‘Quiltbroidery’ Features- Only the Luminaire 3 XP3 has 5 options of two-color quilting sash designs, which are perfect for eye-catching, colorful borders. Building upon the sensation of the auto-split designs, enjoy 5 hexagon shapes to give you more options, and then choose from either single or triple stitch for quilt sashing your stitches stand out on your projects. We call it 'Quiltbroidery'.
- Artspira Mobile App - A one-stop shop for embroidery and cutting designs so you can easily customize your next project. Design line-art-inspired drawings right in the palm of your hand with built-in embroidery drawing tools and optional stitch types (straight and zigzag stitch). With all these tools at your fingertips, design hand-drawn drawings up to 4" x 4" (100mm x 100mm) and 5" x 7" (130mm x 180mm) right on your mobile device and then transfer your creations to the Luminaire 3.
- Stitch Tapering Function Add a nice, professional taper to jeans, tops, and home décor. Simply choose the stitch you would like to use, the angle of the start and end of the taper, and the number of repeat stitches in the pattern cycle.
- Ornate Long Stitch Technique Use any of the 10 Long Stitch built-in designs to add a unique geometric enhancement to just about any project. This technique resembles string art with dramatic long stitches layered to create a unique embellishment.
- Large Connect Designs When you want to ‘go big’ on your next embroidery project, the five built-in large connect embroidery designs are a great starting point. Select from ornate flowers, birds, and other elaborate designs that range from 721mm x 383mm (28" x 15") and when combined, allows you to create a large ensemble
- Creative Yarn Couching Enhance your creations with a new technique so you can embroider “letters.” When you fill in the characters using yarn (the color of your choice), you give it a 3D effect. You can use upper case letters, (approx. 3” tall), lower case, numbers, and all characters are also resizable for even more flexibility.
My Stitch Monitor Mobile App††
Walk away from your machine and be notified via your mobile device when you need to change threads or if your project has finished stitching.
Artspira Mobile App
A one-stop shop for embroidery and cutting designs so you can easily customize your next project.
My Design Snap Mobile App for Image Transfer
Select a picture of line art or an illustration from your iOS® or AndroidTM mobile device and send it directly to the Luminaire 3 through your wireless network.
Unique Design Techniques
Creative Yarn Couching
Enhance your creations with a new technique so you can embroider “letters.” When you fill in the characters using yarn (the color of your choice), you give it a 3D effect. You can use upper case letters, (approx. 3” tall), lower case, numbers, and all characters are also resizable for even more flexibility.
Stitch Tapering Function
Add a nice, professional taper to jeans, tops, and home décor. Simply choose the stitch you would like to use, the angle of the start and end of the taper, and the number of repeat stitches in the pattern cycle.
Ornate Long Stitch Technique
Use any of the 10 Long Stitch built-in designs to add a unique geometric enhancement to just about any project. This technique resembles string art with dramatic long stitches layered to create a unique embellishment.
Large Connect Designs
When it comes time to go big on your next embroidery project, the five large connect embroidery designs are a great starting point. Select from ornate flowers, birds, and other elaborate designs that range from 721 mm x 383 mm (28” x 15”) and, when combined with the five small Motif patterns, allows you to make your ensemble.
Expansive Workspace & Embroidery Area
Large 10 5/8" x 16" Frame
The 10 5/8" x 16" frame – the largest that Brother currently offers – has efficient rubber plates on both sides of the inner frame to hold fabric securely, along with an inventive Spring Lever Release for ease of use. Never use clamps again!
65 Square Inches of Workspace – 13.1" Needle to Arm
Our largest needle to arm is a dream for any sewer, embroiderer, crafter or quilter, with the ability to easily accommodate a rolled king-size quilt.
Optional 10" x 10" Magnetic Frame
Hoop thick materials with ease. Avoid fabric shifting and the need to rehoop the fabric when connecting designs or embroidering large areas. Just slide the fabric on the frame for the next area to be embroidered. (Additional purchase required).
No need for a long arm as the Edge-to-Edge quilt feature for embroidery lets you finish your quilt-top right on your Luminaire 3 - even with the optional 10” x 10“ hoop! There are ten patterns to choose from, and detailed instructions are clear and easy to follow.
Built-in Hexagon Shapes for Auto-Split Sash
Five hexagon shapes that give you more options for your embroidery/quilting projects!
Two-Color Quilting Sash Designs
Expand your creative output by selecting from five two color quilting sash designs - perfect for eye-catching, colorful borders.
Auto-Split of Large Quilting Sashes
Easily connect your patterns for beautiful quilt borders! Just choose the size of your border and the size of your hoop, and the Luminaire 3 will automatically split the designs in multiple hoopings.
Triple Stitch Option for Quilting Sash Patterns
Choose from either single or triple stitch for quilt sashing, giving more thickness to your stitches and to let them stand out on your project.
Create with Confidence & Precision
Watch This Video To Learn More About The Luminaire 3 Projector
End Point Sewing Function
Utilizing the built-in camera-like feature in the InnovEye Plus Technology, you can stop your stitch in the perfect place by just placing the Snowball End Point Sewing Sticker on your project.
Snowman Embroidery Positioning Marker
Pair with InnovEye Plus Technology to automatically position the design for precise embroidery placement. Choose from nine options for alignment of embroidery designs.
Guideline Marker Line and Guideline Marker Grid
When creating mitered corners, sashing strips, Y seams, diamond cross hatching, or square corners, use the projector to preview your angle lines. The 5" x 3" virtual preview area also displays a guideline marker in single, double, angled, and gridlines.
Large 10.1" HD LCD Touch Screen Display with Capacitive Technology
The simple and intuitive 10.1" capacitive touch screen works like a tablet with familiar sliding, swiping, scrolling and pinch-to-zoom for viewing detailed steps, categories and designs. The user interface offers large, defined crystal-clear icons, and color navigation for easy viewing.
Built-in Instructional Manual and Tutorial Videos
Built-in HD tutorials make learning easy! View over 40 tutorial videos, or stream your own creations using the industry-standard MP4 format.
Zoom and Adjustment Features
View your creations in crisp, vivid color and watch them become larger than life with the zoom function of up to 1600% within My Design Center, and up to 400% in other modes. Easily adjust your design by rotating in 0.1 degree increments.
Enhanced LED Lighting
The powerful, high-color LED lighting keeps your workspace bright and clear with less shading to make it easier on your eyes and keep your focus on your project. Regulate the brightness between five settings, including an “off” mode to find your ideal level.
Over 1,500 Embroidery Designs
Let your imagination and creativity run wild with the extensive library of over 1,500 built-in embroidery designs, including Disney, Anna Aldmon, Zundt, Zentangle, and Pierre Joseph Redouté.
Disney is in our DNA
192 Disney Built-in Embroidery Designs
The Luminaire 3 has the magic of 192 Disney embroidery designs built right in. Plus, get exclusive access to a constant parade of Disney and Disney•Pixar embroidery designs through the iBroidery.com Download Center (additional purchase required).
Fast Embroidery Completion Speeds
Enjoy embroidery speeds comparable to a 10-needle embroidery machine with speeds up to 1,050 stitches per minute.
Enhanced Thread Color Palettes
Our generous thread color palette includes Iris, Floriani, Pacesetter Pro, and Polyfast brands.
Color Shuffling 3 Function for Even More Color Possiblities
Love a certain color scheme? Not sure how to combine colors? Use the pin function in Random and Gradient modes to ensure your favorite colors are included in your shuffle.
Dual Purpose Stylus
Use the innovative Dual Purpose Stylus to make adjustments to your stitches directly on your fabric for even more accuracy than ever before. Adjust your stitch width, length, and left/right shift using the revolutionary stylus
Use the ScanImation Scanning Frame or draw directly on the LCD display to create your own unique patterns. For improved drawing techniques, there is a new fine tip stylus pen included.
Get the look of complicated freehand stippling without the use of software or stitch regulation!
My Design Center Decorative Fill Options
Enjoy more designs with the Brother-exclusive My Design Center with 48 decorative fill options inspired by geometric shapes, basket weaves, leaves and bubbles.
Patent-Pending Brother-Exclusive Hoopnetic Magnetic Sash Frame
Hoop thick materials with ease. Avoid fabric shifting and the need to rehoop the fabric when connecting designs or embroidering large areas. Just slide the fabric on the frame for the next area to be embroidered. Perfect for quilts! (Additional purchase required)
Multi-Function Foot Controller
Redesigned to be ergonomic to the foot and accessible for toggle functions, the Multi-Function Foot Controller has updated the heel and toe kick angle and reduced the spring load of the main pedal for easier stepping and load reduction. In addition, there is a handy cord storage solution and an easy-adjust slot on the back of the pedal.
Compact MuVit Digital Dual Feed Foot
Allows for smoother feeding and the ability to stitch thicker fabrics with ease. Continual contact with the material ensures steady stitching and the capability to stitch forward and backward.
Needle Point Projection for Free-Motion Quilting
A better way to guide your free-motion quilting, the projected droplight places a pinpoint projection directly where your needle drops on the fabric. This gives you precise placement for every stitch.
Foldable Spool Thread Stand
With the flip of the lid, the Luminaire 3 becomes its own workspace with the addition of a magnetic two-spool foldable thread stand where you can add king thread spools for those big projects!
Four Frames, Including Our Largest Frame To Date
Embroider monograms and other small designs with the 4 ” x 4 ” frame. Use the 5 ”x 7 ” frame for clothing embellishment or choose the 10 5/8 ” x 10 5/8 ” hoop for quilts and jacket backs. Accommodate your largest designs on the 10 5/8" x 16" frame – our largest frame to date.
17 Different Sewing and Embroidery Feet
Choose from a wide array of feet, including a free motion quilting “C” foot, a free-motion echo quilting “E” foot, a 1/4" piecing foot for effortless quilting, Compact MuVit Digital Dual Feed Foot, Monogramming Foot N+, Zigzag Foot, and Embroidery Couching Foot for even more creative freedom.
Dual King Spool Thread Stand
Need room for more thread? Create more work space with a flip of the lid. Easily attach the included magnetic stand, which can fit two king-sized spools of thread. This space-saving innovative stand helps ensure proper thread delivery, and also helps prevent broken and distorted stitches and uneven tension.
Designed to fit within the arm of the Luminaire 3, the accessory case will keep all your tools neatly organized and out of your way when not in use.
Straight Stitch Needle Plate
Easily and quickly switch your needle plate for sewing or quilting with a simple press of a lever – no screwdriver needed.
Adjustable Pressure Foot Knee Lifter
Adjust the lever in three angles for your ideal sewing position. Adjust the presser foot in four different heights.
These machines are only sold in store. If they are some how purchased online, the order will not be honored and will be refunded.